Further meeting to take place on Dublin Bus proposals
Following from a meeting that took place in Terenure two weeks ago, Dublin Bus have announced a second drop-in session in relation to their Network Direct proposals for the Rathfarnham, Knocklyon, Whitechurch and Ballyboden areas.
The event has been organised for Wednesday 6 July between 5pm and 8pm in Ballyroan Boys National School.
This is a drop-in session and I would encourage those with concerns to meet with the representatives from Dublin Bus at the meeting.
Those who will be unable to make it can contact Dublin Bus (click here) or can contact my office.
A full list of the amendments are available from Dublin Bus by clicking here. Among the proposals:
- Route 16 will be a high frequency service operating at least every 10 minutes during peak times from Ballinteer (Kingston) to Dublin Airport. This will significantly improve the reliability of the service and help maintain even intervals between the service at all stages on its route.
- Route 16a will be replaced on the Southside by route 61 (see below for details) and on the Northside by Route 3 and Route 16. Route 16 will now serve Dublin Airport.
- Route 15, 74 and 128 will be amalgamated and renamed route 15. This high frequency service, operating every 10 minutes at peak times, will provide increased cross city penetration providing direct connections to Connolly Rail Station, Fairview and the Malahide Road. Route 15 will be extended to Stocking Avenue via St. Colmcille’s Way and Ballycullen Road.
- Route 15a will operate its current alignment to the city centre. Timetables will be adjusted to meet customer demand and provide improved integration on the common alignment between current services 15, 15a and 15b.
- Route 15b and 74a will be amalgamated and called route 15b. This service will operate from Stocking Avenue to the city centre via Stocking Lane, Scholarstown Road, Ballyboden Way, Ballyroan Road, Marian Road and Templeogue Road.
- Route 15e and 15f will no longer operate.
- Route 61 will operate from Whitechurch to the city centre via Grange Road, Nutgrove Avenue, Churchtown Road Lower, Rathmines and St. Stephen’s Green.